05 May, 2013

05.05.13

Wow, what a busy few weeks it has been! If you've been reading my previous posts, you will know that I had a bit of a mental meltdown a week or so ago - the good news is that I am back on track, and only have one assessment left for this term. Working and studying is really full-on, and I suppose I will just have to accept the fact that a breakdown is bound to happen every now and then. I have two more weeks teaching at my prac school, and it has been a really good experience so far. I get along nicely with my mentor teacher, and she has provided me with so much positive feedback. Not to toot my own horn, but I do think I have been doing a really good job, and it has been nice to hear those positive comments from my mentor.

Today was an absolutely lovely Sunday. It was a beautiful autumn day, and we took a lovely stroll around the lake. We were having our friends Lauren and Rudy come over for lunch, and that means little Archie was coming over too! I was so excited to have a little baby visitor! He is so sweet and precious, and the five of us had a great afternoon. Shaun and I mad delish individual pies for lunch - cheese, semi-dried tomato and chorizo!! We served those with a  fresh green salad, and then for tea, we made an orange sponge cake with mandarin icing. We spent nearly six hours eating, having coffees, playing with little Archie and just enjoying the day together. I love Sundays like these!

How did you spend your weekend?


xxHB

Parliament House

Captain Cook Fountain on Lake Burley Griffin


Colours of Autumn

Saturday Sunset Spectacular




1 comment:

  1. I am seriously so jealous of your sunsets. So excited to come visit!!! It will happen...trust me. We'll just have to start planning!

    ReplyDelete