22 February, 2012

22.02.2012

Is it overkill to make the last three posts about Shaun's birthday? Yes? Well, too bad..... I am doing it anyways. For those who are interested to know, here is how the day went down – Monday morning, we both get up and go to work. I get off work early, rush home to bake the cake and then leave to pick up Shaun from uni at about 6.30pm. We head over to our favourite local micro-brewery, The Wig and Pen, for a delicious pint or two. They had just tapped their newest brew, a lambic beer called Lamb-Go-Baa. One word to describe it? Heavenly. Seriously, one of the best beers I have ever tasted In.My.Life. The brew master at The Wig reckons it is the best brew he has ever done. If you check out the birthday pictures, its the beer in the little glass. Just typing this makes me want to head over there right now and have another. Anyways, after having a few drinks and running into some friends, we head back to the house for dinner. At Shaun's request, I made a curry (chickpea and potato) with pappadums and naan. I forgot to take photos, so you will just have to imagine that part. Then after dinner and dishes, I surprised Shaun with his cake – complete with sparkler candles! Overall, it was a lovely evening.... and I promise no more posts about the birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment