Wow.... I am pretty terrible about keeping this blog regularly updated. But on my behalf, I am just so busy all of the time these days. I finished my prac at the pre-school, and I suppose the director was quite impressed as she offered me some casual work as a relief teacher. Basically, I will go in whenever another member of the staff is sick, on holiday, etc. I have already worked 5 days, and it is pretty great to be earning some income! I am waiting for my results for my last three units at uni – actually, I have gotten my final marks for one unit, and I earned HD (High Distinction)! I'm quite chuffed, I must say. I will be starting three more units at the end of February. At this rate, I will be finished with my degree in 2.5 more years!
Still no updates on the housing situation. We have been turned down for every application we have submitted so far. Pretty soul-crushing. I just want a place of my own to live – and I am a good tenant! I always pay rent on time, I am clean, I am quite, no pets, no children – I would think that would be good enough.
Haven't had much time for socialising lately, but we did go to an amazing wedding a couple of weeks ago. My dear friends Nic and Jen had a beautiful ceremony down at the coast, complete with dancing, live music, fire twirling, roast pig on a spit, and super delicious chocolate cake. It was an absolutely wonderful day, and I am so happy that I was able to be a part of it. Check out my Flickr account for some photos of the celebrations.
Not much else to report.... oh, I should be granted permanent residency here in Australia very soon. I am submitting my documents to the immigration department this week, and hopefully will hear back in the next month or so. Next step – citizenship!
Hope everyone is well. Miss you all and hope to catch up with you soon. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment