The other day, I was driving in the car, and the road I was on was a bit bumpy. My key chain was occasionally jingling against the steering column, and each time this happened, the noise sparked a very vivid memory in my imagination - one that I think I might share with some of my siblings.
Does any remember driving with Papaw in Rackety Boom, and hearing his key chain almost constantly clinking against the metal? This probably happened so much because he was always driving on the shoulder of the road. It is a sound that I instantly recognise, and as I was driving, I imagined myself as a young child, sitting in that truck, going somewhere with Papaw - maybe to another pasture, or to the service station up the road, or maybe even to that place where he played snooker..... I can't remember the name.
Anyways, I just wanted to share that little memory - and I would love to know if any of you remember it too!
I can definitely picture it, but can't remember the sound...So many good times in Rackety Boom :-)
ReplyDelete