26 October, 2013

26.10.13

Wow, I knew it had been awhile since my last post, but it has been over two months! Sorry about the long pause - I've been incredibly busy over the past few months. I suppose this blog is a bit of an indicator as to how much free time I have, and as you can see, I haven't had much of it lately!

I can't believe this year is so quickly coming to an end. So much has happened this year, and much of it has happened it the last several months. Let's see..... I've turned 30 years old, I've gotten engaged to my soul mate and love of my life, I'm about to start the final six units of my course, and I broke my first bone (just a silly middle toe, but it hurt like hell!). Oh, and to add to all of that, I have become an Australian citizen...... well, I suppose not quite for that last one. I've passed my citizenship test and my application has been accepted by the immigration department - now I am just waiting to attend a citizenship ceremony and take my pledge. But, until I do that, I am not "officially" a citizen. Just waiting to receive the letter to inform me of the ceremony date!

So, lots of milestones this year! In the more day to day things, life is pretty normal. I've been super busy with my studies and work, and trying to fit in some social activities whenever I can. We recently went to the coast with some mates over a long weekend, which was very nice. And summer is now quickly approaching, so Shaun and I look forward to lots of beach camping!

It's been awhile since I have spoken with some of you, so let me know when we can Skype! In the meantime, check out some photos over the last few months.....

xHB

2 comments:

  1. I just watched a Cosby Show episode last night when Claire broke her toe. She was really upset about it. Bummer! And there's not much you can do for it!

    Proud and excited for all your major milestones with year. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You? Watching the Cosby Show? Never.

    ReplyDelete