21 August, 2013

21.08.13

Wow - I am so incredibly pleased right now! I just got my marks back from my Performing Arts unit and my Science and Environment unit - high distinctions for both!! And my final PA assignment came back with a smashing 90% and fantastic comments from my tutor. Seriously.... check this out....

"Reading your work made me want to be five years old again and in your class. I love your original and creative ideas and would employ you on the strength of this work.
You made good choices about what to present and your work is of a very high professional standard. Right from the start I felt confident that you have selected a specific age group, the theory supported your overview and introduction and the theme and experiences were developmentally appropriate. I congratulate you on your research and developing a good understanding of the theory before designing these experiences because this paid off with the integrated and playful nature of the experiences. It was very evident that you have a good understanding of how the Performing Arts in Early Childhood can create a learning context in which children can build new skills, understandings and knowledge.
The learning experiences indicate you will incorporate opportunities for children to generate, realise and respond within each area and will sustain and generate interest. This is a very competent assignment and I am confident that as an Early Childhood Educator, you will be able to engage the students in worthwhile learning and communicate this valuable information and knowledge to others."

Sorry, I know this seems like I am incredibly full of myself, but that's not how I intended. However, I am really proud that my hard work has paid off.... feeling so chuffed right now. Beer please!

xx

4 comments:

  1. LOVE PROUD!!!!!!
    you're gonna be the best teacher in Oz!
    Let's skype this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that, but thank you so much for the compliment. It feels very rewarding when your hard work pays off! Would love to Skype soon - send me an email and let me know what your schedule is looking like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!! you are the best, cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smarty Pantelones!!!! You need to come back and be Wesley's teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete