Recently, Shaun and I went to Floriade - an annual flower festival held here in Canberra. We went last year as well, and this year was just as beautiful. Perhaps even better because last year, the weather was gloomy; this year the weather was fantastic. In addition to thousands of colourful flowers, there was also a bonsai tree collection. The bonsai trees were beyond incredible; I had never seen so many different varieties.
Actually, now that I think of it, we went to Floriade this year on my 28th birthday! It was a gorgeous day - breakfast in Kingston (another suburb in Canbs) with friends, then a stroll through the flower festival, followed by a nice dinner at our favourite dumpling house. Oh, and Shaun made me some delicious triple chocolate brownies after dinner! And, since he is the best guy around, he bought me tickets to see RocKwiz! RocKwiz is this great, music-trivia television based in Melbourne, and I love watching it. So we get to go see a live filming in December, and I could not be more excited. Overall, a pretty great birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment