29 October, 2011

29.10.2011


This will be the last weekend in the ACT (Australian Capital Territory – the state I live in) where you can go to the shops and have your purchases packed up in plastic bags. That's right, in attempts to reduce litter in the environment, the ACT government is banning plastic bags as of 1 November. I already use recyclable bags, so nothing really changes for me.

In other news, we have still not found an apartment. It is so hard here; nothing like finding a place in the States. I am really starting to go a bit mad..... I really need my own space! Unfortunately, we were turned down for the apartment in Lyneham. I am not sure why, and the real estate agents do not give the reason for it. Trying to stay positive though.

I am really busy with uni at the moment. I have a big project due on 31 October, and then another due on 7 November. We leave for Perth on 9 December, and I am definitely looking forward to being back. It will be great to see friends and family and spend heaps of time at the beautiful beaches there! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment