
Since Shaun and I have returned to Australia from our holiday, we have been homeless. We packed up our things and left our apartment in June, in order to do some traveling, and now we are home and looking for a new place to live. Thankfully, our good friend Dave is letting us stay at his until we find something. Today's picture is me, in the back garden at Dave's, picking some oranges from their tree. I personally do not like oranges – it is a texture thing, not a taste thing – but Shaun loves them! It was another beautiful day here in Canberra, and the smell of the oranges, mixed with the warm sunshine and soft breeze made for a gorgeous afternoon.
Looking for a new flat has been annoying, for lack of a better word. The rental market here in Canberra is so competitive and rental prices are so expensive! For Shaun and I to live on our own (not in a share house), we will not get away with paying less than $1400 monthly in rent. And that doesn't even get us something super nice – just an average apartment! Granted, we get paid more here, but still, it is pretty outrageous. We have put in an application on a nice apartment in Lyneham (a suburb in Canberra), so we will see what happens. I quite liked the place: it was spacious, clean and in a nice complex. The downside is that it is slightly out of the budget, and not as close to uni the CBD as I would like. Oh well; we will see what happens.
I hope the right place comes along soon though, as I have now been wearing the same clothing options for over 4 months. Living out of a suitcase definitely has a downside!
No comments:
Post a Comment