27 November, 2011

27.11.2011










This has been a pretty decent week overall. I had a nice break from studies, I put in an application for an apartment that I quite liked, I had a lovely picnic with Shaun, went to a nice dinner out with friends and saw some pretty cool bands at The Phoenix (one of the few pubs I actually like here). And, of course, I am now the proud Auntie of my new nephew, William Joseph Bartel (I'll post some pics of the little bub next time). Oh, and I also had a job interview.... the one I mentioned in a previous post. So there are some promising prospects in the air as far as jobs and houses go.

Today's pictures are from the picnic. As you can see, it was a gorgeous day and the afternoon was perfect for lounging down by the foreshore, eating some yummy treats and listening to some tunes (Broken Social Scene was album of choice). We had fresh pineapple, sugar snap peas, garlic toast, pumpkin and basil dip, fresh mini roma tomatoes and with garlic and olive oil , chili and garlic olives, and honey roasted macadamia nuts. And of course, some sparkling mineral water!

I am so glad I was able to speak to some of you on Skype over Thanksgiving. I even got to see my wonderful grandparents! My Papaw was a bit under the weather, and I hope he is feeling better now. My brother Joe did most of the cooking for this year's turkey day celebrations, and I wish I could have been there to sample his culinary delights.... I am sure it was all fantastic. So proud of you, bro! It's always hard being away from home during this time of the year, but being away has certainly given me a whole new appreciation for family and friends. You all mean SO much to me!

I can't believe another week has come to an end. It was a typical Sunday for me – doing the washing, going to the supermarket and doing a bit of cleaning around the house. Tonight, I am making pasta puttanesca for dinner, and I have to say, I am already pretty excited about eating it. This particular pasta dish contains sardines, and typically, Shaun would not eat any fish products. However, I have been craving this dish for several days now, and he said that he would eat the sardines just this one time. What a guy, hey?

Hope you all had nice weeks also, and I would love to hear from any of you!

2 comments:

  1. What are snack pots and fruit pots? Food looks delish(dips)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't really know. Lots of things come in "pots" here.... fruit, nuts, yogurt, etc. Not sure if "pot" is really the correct term, as it is really just a plastic container. And the dip was pretty delish. lol.

    ReplyDelete