09 November, 2011

9.11.2011 v.2


Overall, this past weekend was absolutely wonderful. I decided to take a much needed break from studying and enjoy the gorgeous weather instead. As you can see, Shaun and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon game of Scrabble, complete with a bottle of red wine and Cheezels (a weird Cheeto-like product). I actually won this round too! We also went on a nature hike, as there is a great nature reserve right across the street from Dryandra. No good animal spottings, but I did take some photos of a couple of trees, which you can see here on my latest Flickr set. As you will see, the trees appear to etched with little squiggly designs. These designs come from bark-boring insects, and these trees are commonly referred to as "scribbly gums". They can be seen everywhere, and I find the designs to be quite beautiful.

There are also a few pictures of the sunset in the Flickr set. There is a gorgeous sunset almost every night here, and these were from the recently passed weekend. Gorgeous, don't you agree? We spent an evening down by the foreshore, and enjoyed seeing one of these sunsets over the lake. On Sunday, we drove out to one of the Canberra region wineries, where a friend's band was playing. He plays the didgeridoo, and is extremely talented. I never knew all the sounds that instrument could make until I met him.... it is truly a beautiful instrument. It was a lazy, overcast day filled with good friends, good wine and good music. You will find a photo of the Australian countryside, where the winery was located, on Flickr.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too! Much love......

No comments:

Post a Comment